Training at Autism Home Support
- Preparation/Structure of Session- Notes, organization, pace, transition, breaks, engagement
- Table Work – Materials, use of SD’s, balance, consistency
- Prompting –Appropriateness, fading, avoiding inadvertent, correction procedures
- Data Collection – Data sheets, recording, flagging
- Reinforcement – Pairing, role of self, differential, labeling, intonation, body language, facial,“working for”, preparation, FUN
- Incidental Teaching/ Programmed Opportunities – Manding, intraverbals, environment, control of reinforcers, motivation
- Behavior Intervention
Quarterly refresher training include updates for First Aid, CPR, Prevention/Physical Intervention , and Teaching Methods. Training is offered for parents and others on a periodic Workshop Fee basis.
Individualized training by experienced Care Team Members and Supervisors is a core component of our program to assure that Care Team Member skills are developed and adapted to individual client needs and are developing to meet competency requirements over time.
Skills Coach for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ABA Line Therapist)
Are you an energetic, caring person with keen observational skills and ABA ( Applied Behavior Analysis) experience looking for a part-time contracting job?
Responsibilities include 6-20 (and potentially up to 40) hours a week of structured one-on-one interaction/instruction with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in their home, school and/or a community setting. This may include maintaining and furthering skills from the child’s IEP (Individual Education Plan) and executing an AHSS Care Plan via ABA techniques as well as attending to physical needs of the child. Skills Coaches provide observational data based reports on the learning progress of their clients.
Skills Coaches will receive training in working with children with autism including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy. They will be supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
Our committed, experienced and caring leadership team wants to work with you!
- Location: Chicago and suburbs (15 mi radius of Barrington, Northbrook, Naperville)
- Compensation: based on experience and education related to ABA therapy
- This is a part time contract job
- Shifts will typically be 2-6 hours in length 3-9PM and optional weekends
- Experience with children with special needs required
- ABA experience preferred
- Psychology and education students preferred
- Some college experience or AA, BS, or BA degree preferred
- First Aid/CPR/ CPI training preferred
- NPI/DHS registration preferred
Autism Home Support Services wants you to join our team as we launch a new, technology supported service to families of children with autism in the North Shore and western suburbs of Chicago. Come participate in creating a new way of helping families of children with autism!
To apply please click on the link below, log in, UPLOAD YOUR RESUME, and follow the instructions:
Are you an energetic, caring person with keen observational skills looking for a part-time contracting job?
Responsibilities include 6-20 (and potentially up to 40) hours a week of interacting one-on-one with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in their home and/or a community environment. This may include safe play, assisting in physical needs, and maintaining basic skills from the child’s IEP (Individual Education Plan). Respite Aides provide observational data based reports on the learning progress of their clients.
Respite Aides will receive training in working with children with autism including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy. They will be supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
Our committed, experienced and caring leadership team wants to work with you!
• Location: Chicago and Suburbs (15 mi radius of Barrington, Northbrook or Naperville)
• Compensation: based on experience and education related to ABA therapy
• Shifts will typically be 3-6 hours in length,3-9PM and optional weekends
• This is a part-time contract job
• Experience with children with special needs preferred
• First Aid/CPR/ CPI training preferred
• NPI/DHS registration preferred
Autism Home Support Services wants you to join our team as we launch a new, technology supported service to families of children with autism in the Chicago area.
To apply please click the link below, UPLOAD YOUR RESUME, and follow the directions:
Autism Home Support Services wants you to join our team as we launch a new, technology supported service to families of children with Autism in the Chicago area.
Responsibilities include 15-40 hours a week of assessment of children with autism in their home to determine appropriate learning and behavior goals, development of individualized learning and behavior plans, and supervision of up to 15 In-Home para-professional staff with varying levels of prior experience and training with children on the spectrum. Full-time opportunity includes health insurance and opportunities for advancement.
Our caring, committed, and experienced leadership team wants to work with you!
- Location: Chicago area (+/-25 mi radius of Naperville, Chicago, Northbrook, )
- Compensation: commensurate with experience
- Management experience, especially supervising remotely
- Experience and affinity for technology (Microsoft word, excel, web-based applications, using video communication)
- Extensive applied ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) experience required
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Certification required
- Opportunities for giving and receiving training and collaborating with a strong team
- Fully committed to the BCBA code of conduct and serving families with the highest standards
Please submit resume and schedule availability ASAP to LauraM@AutismHomeSupport.com. Join us in creating a new approach for helping families of children with autism!
Social Media/Web INTERN
The Social Media-Web Intern supports the ongoing development and refinement of AHSS web presence by assisting management and consultants to implement internet improvements. This position works closely with the VP of Community Relations, the Chief Executive Officer, the Family Support Director and others on the management team and outside consultants to AHSS including web designers, market researchers, and market strategists.
- Work extensively with computers in fast paced, task oriented environment
- Read and write material in English with fluency
Duties Principle accountabilities:
- Research the web for ideas on best practices, etc.
- Interview AHSS Care Team Members, management and clients on use of the AHSS website
- Identify high value SEO (Search Engine Optimization) content strategy such as key words and terms to add to the website
- Create content, words, terms, buttons/banners for new market expansion
- Provide input on the marketing strategy and messaging
- Assist the consultant and management in the development and maintenance planning of a blog
- Collaborate with management on the ongoing development of the website and blog
- Create a template of original content development such as articles on therapy principles, techniques and methods, case studies, etc.
- Assure that AHSS is listed as many relevant high traffic directories online as possible (Google, Manta, Yelp, Yahoo, special needs specific directories)
- Update, refresh and add daily feeds to Facebook, Linked In, Twitter and others
- Collaborate with web developer on testing changes on PC, MAC and most popular browsers (e.g., chrome, IE, firefox, safari)
- Develop procedures to implement and update the feeds to social media
- Create a manual on updating the website, blog and social media
- Assist consultant in development of tracking, data collection, metrics
Small stipend available- or college credit
Term: 3 months or longer as availability permits
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a professional and confidential capacity
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to follow up
Abilities & personal characteristics required
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to learn new software systems
- Must be fluent in social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn
- Efficient in Word and Excel
- Familiarity with HTML and other web programs (e.g., WordPress) a plus
- Responsiveness, empathy, results orientation
Recruiting Coordinator (Part-time)
Purpose Of Position:
The purpose for the part-time Recruiting Coordinator position is to assure that Autism Home Support Services (AHSS) has a high volume of quality Care Team Member and Board Certified Behavior Analyst’s (BCBA’s) talent. This role will be responsible for sourcing, screening and scheduling interviews. In addition, this role will also be responsible for ensuring that our recruiting process is efficiently and effectively managed. This position interacts closely with the following team members:
- Family Support Team to understand our client’s needs by area and networking
- Clinical Team to understand recruiting needs and sources
- Client Services to provide Care Team information for scheduling
Reports to: Director, Talent Management
- Two to five years of recruiting and sourcing experience
- Attention to detail, strong Excel, Word and Internet skills
- Experience using social media tools such as Linked IN, Facebook, Search Engines
- Knowledge of Chicago area geography, ability to use Google maps and other similar applications
- Excellent communication skills, sense of urgency and ability to respond to client needs and applicant inquiries
- Ability to thrive and remain calm while multi-tasking under time pressure
- Ability to develop relationships with schools, universities and other Autism programs as sources of talent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Responsibilities: Key Responsibility: Recruiting Management
- Source, screen, and present qualified candidates to the organization
- Coordinate interview schedules including inviting candidates, coordinating interviewers and logistics
- Completing notes on each interview in online portal and filing applications for future use
- Follow all AHSS policies and procedures designed to maintain client, and staff safety.
- Work independently and demonstrate effective social influence skills.
- Demonstrate both problem solving and problem-prevention skills.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Recognize time as a valuable resource and manage time in an appropriate manner.
- Work carefully with attention to detail.
- Display good organizational skills and utilize resources wisely.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to clients, families, AHSS personnel, and others.
- AHSS absentee and tardiness procedures should be followed.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Send resume, wage history, and availability to Lynn Green.