Whether your family’s received a recent autism diagnosis or you’re veterans to the ins and outs of the spectrum, one thing remains true: There’s always something to learn, or in some cases, relearn! In that vein, one mom has made this list of 20 Things I Have Learned Since My Son Was Diagnosed With Autism.
- It is possible for one person to talk for four straight hours about snakes, aquariums, or cats. Trust me.
- There is a reason for the behavior. There is always a reason for the behavior — and that reason has never once been to just annoy me.
- You will never feel like you are doing it completely right.
- You will have days when it feels completely natural.
- Being a student of my child has helped me learn more than any book, therapist, or website.
What have you and your family learned since your child was diagnosed with autism? Submit your responses to me at [email protected]. Your answer might be used in an upcoming AHSS post!