This skills-based workshop will discuss Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT), an evidence-based approach for reducing suffering while improving quality of living. ACT has successfully been applied for reducing the stress of parents of children dealing with developmental delays, while also having a measurable impact on the parents’ commitment to following through on their own family values and the care of their child.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Create a committed action plan that will help them achieve personally relevant goals
- Clarify their own personal values in order to increase their own motivation to stay committed to vital parenting goals
- Learn the skills of acceptance, an under-utilized but very powerful skill for dealing with stress
- Develop an intensely practical understanding of the concept – and practice – of mindfulness
- Ultimately, participants will combine all of these topics to create a committed, values-based, mindful action plan that will help them reduce their own suffering and improve quality of living for themselves and their family.
Registration is only $29 per family- up to four adults. (Home-Based Waiver funds can be used as payment).
Register online at www.clearbrook.org/ParentTraining or call 847.385.5330.
For more information, check out the flyers below: